Sunday, February 10, 2008

VMware - run multiple operating systems on one machine

VMWare server is freeware which allows one machine to run multiple operating systems. This gives you the flexibility of running Window, Linux, or any other 32bit/64bit chip processor OS on which ever one machine you choose. Comes in real handy when you are not ready to migrate instantly to another OS; instead you can test drive it on a Virtual Machine. I will share thoughts about ease of use/install once I have completed an install of Windows XP Pro on a virtual machine on my laptop which currently runs Vista.

1 comment:

Sadfeen said...

I test drove VMWare on my Vista machine. It worked great for the purpose of running another OS, but, it makes the start up of my machine utterly slow. So, since I did not have an imminent need for running multiple OS's on my machine, I ended up removing it.

I would like to check 'andlinus' instead. It looks pretty coool, see for yourself:
http://lifehacker.com/358208/seamlessly-run-linux-apps-on-your-windows-desktop